4.26.2017

Journal, October 12, 1976 AM

I spent my day at the office yesterday writing up my final report for Peace Corps El Salvador. I started with my work in Atiocoyo and went straight through the 2 years, very superficially of course. I don’t think it will be all that useful of a document.

Mike {Shank} was working with Dick Ledgerwood on a fisheries report all day. Dick has one of those pocket calculators that you can even run regression analysis on. What an amazing advance! I remember writing computer programs (actually we just filled in “canned programs”) to get correlation & regression just two years ago at the University {of Wisconsin - Madison}.

I went and had a few beers last night with Rick Ingles and Ken Vogler, two new PCVs {Peace Corps Volunteers} at DGRNR {Dirección General de Recursos Naturales Renovables}. We just B.S.’ed; they are old train buffs, etc. The more Peace Corps people I take the time to know, the more I find they’re all likeable, interesting folk. It’s just that the more friends you make, the more time you have to devote to your friends!

Ed {Shiffer}, Steve Pamperin and company went to Costa del Sol today. I got up to see them off, then went and ran 3 laps at the cafetalón {coffee field}.

No comments:

Post a Comment