7.09.2016

Journal, May 4, 1976 PM

Tomorrow, San Salvador, but alone, Jay decided he wants to stay at El Maizal for the time being, so he doesn’t care to rock the boat. Padre {Father} Serrano has asked the presidents of the cooperatives into San Salvador for a meeting at 11 AM, so I may walk right into that. A whole bunch of folks were at El Maizal this morning expecting to get their seed and fertilizer. Someone from CREDHO showed up & told them the presidents had to go to this meeting, & then maybe they would get the stuff next week. They were none too pleased! As Don Juan says they add the cost of a trip to San Salvador onto the price of the fertilizer, & it comes out cheaper to buy the fertilizer from a local dealer. The {Episcopal} Church is really blowing it. They are losing in days the confidence it took Profy {Gomez} & Señor Castillo over a year to build up among the people.

I helped Jay plant some marijuana seeds this afternoon. He fertilized them with commercial fertilizer, & plans to water them until the rains come to stay. A real farmer!

I’ve got several errands to run for Jay while I’m in town. If I don’t forget my list that is. Really, now that I have it written down I shouldn’t have to consult the list. Usually writing something down is enough. I’ll have to get right on finding a cheap place in the city. It has to be cheap so I can save up for the Costa Rica trip & an engagement ring. Hassles and more hassles just ‘cause I can’t say no to that Tica {Costarican woman}.

No comments:

Post a Comment